The plan of bringing a new puppy into your family is exciting. If you are thinking about adding a Goldendoodle to the family, here are some facts about their personality and health.
1. They come in all sizes! The sizes are standard, miniature, and toy. Standard poodles are taller than a Golden Retriever and weigh somewhere between 50-70 pounds. A miniature Goldendoodle will grow to be between 30-45 pounds. Toy Goldendoodles are roughly 15 – 20 pounds and usually require specific breeding standards.
2. They have many different hair colors & textures. Depending on the parents, the puppies can be tan, white, red, black, tawny, or somewhere in between. Textures can vary from straight, curly or wavy.
3. They are a smart and friendly breed. Goldendoodles have one of the most easy-going temperaments out there. According to the Goldendoodle Association of North America, they are “extremely social, outgoing, non-aggressive dogs that thrive on human companionship. They have a great desire to please and to learn.” This proves to be why they make great pets for families. They also love attention! This attachment to humans can sometimes lead to separation anxiety. The ideal owner should get them used to a routine and provide plenty of love!
4. They are hypo-allergenic. Goldendoodles have a reputation for being the perfect dog for people who suffer from dog allergies. Because of their low amount of shedding, they tend to be a good choice for pet lovers who suffer from allergies.
5. Speaking of low shedding, they are relatively easy to groom! Brush them every few days with a slicker to remove any loose hairs, and bathe when needed. They normally need clipped every 6-8 weeks.
Overall, if you’re looking for the perfect new family member the Goldendoodle may just be for you! They are loving, loyal and make every family feel complete!